Abilene Area School, Government and Organization Closings
Here are the Big Country’s latest weather-related announcements.
If your school, agency, group or business has a closing or delay to report, please email us or call 325-676-7711. Schools need to include the proper password for authentication, include in email or give when you call.
Last updated: 12/28/15 at 6am
Area School Closings/Delays for Monday, December 28th, 2015
- Abilene ISD morning session of Winter Break Minimester at AHS canceled
- Abilene ISD afternoon session of Winter Break Minimester begins as 1:00 p.m depending on road conditions (decision will be made at 11:00 a.m
Government and Organization Closings/Delays
- Dyess AFB – the 7th Bomb Wing, 317th Airlift Group, and 489th Bomb Group will be on a delayed reporting schedule. Delayed reporting at 12 p.m. is in effect for mission essential and designated base emergency personnel only. All other non-essential military and civilian personnel are not required to report for duty. Normal duty hours will resume on Dec. 29. Personnel should use their chain of command for clarifications and questions.
- In addition, the base child development center, youth center and commissary will also be closed.
- Taylor County Courthouse – delayed until 10am
- Haskell County Courthouse – delayed until 1 p.m.
- The Jones County Appraisal District – delayed until 1 a.m.
- Office of The Attorney General Child Support Division in Abilene – delayed until 10 a.m.
- Baird Meals on Wheels – closed
- Clyde Meals on Wheels – closed
- Texas Oncology – delayed until 10:30 a.m.
- Fisher County Clerk’s Office – delayed until 10 a.m
- Abilene Zoo – closed
- Scurry, Mitchell, Kent, Stonewall, Fisher, Nolan, Knox, Haskell, Jones, Taylor, Runnels, Throckmorton, Shackelford, Callahan, Coleman, Stephens, Eastland, Brown, & Comanche – DPS offices, including Driver’s License offices – delayed until 1 p.m.
- Anson City Hall – delayed until 10 a.m.
- Kid’s Hub After School Care Holiday camp – delayed until 10a.m.
- Winters Child Development Center – delayed until 10:00 a.m.
- Abilene Diagnostic Clinic – delayed until 12:00 p.m.
- Abilene, Brownwood, Sweetwater, and Snyder Workforce Solutions – closed
- Jones County Courthouse open at 1:00 a.m.
- Sartbucks on Buffalo Gap Rd. opens at 7:00 a.m.
- CityLink will being operations at 10:00 a.m.
- Alliance for Women & Children Holiday Camp delayed 2 hours. Camp open 9:30 a.m. Offices will open at 10 a.m.
Be sure to refresh this page often, as we update it anytime new info becomes available.