Feed Your Crawfish Cravings at the Abilene Cajun Festival
Get your Cajun on at this year’s ‘Cajun Fest’, only this time it’s an all day family event at the Taylor County Expo Center fairgrounds. To help get you in the mood, the above is an easy ‘how to peel a crawfish’ video.
This year’s event has exploded to include a 5k Run/Walk, Inflatable fun park area for kids, a ‘food-truck court’ and live entertainment all day from 10am till 7pm.
The Abilene Education Foundation’s Annual Cajun Fest is Saturday, April 9th and all proceeds benefit the Abilene High and Cooper High School Scholarship funds. Get your tickets now and get there early.
- Taylor County Expo Fairgrounds
- 1700 Texas 36, Abilene
Date and Time
- Saturday, April 9th, 2015
- 10am – 7pm
- $5 to get into Cajun Fest
- $8 to get into Cajun Fest and Indoor/Outdoor Extravaganza
- 15 Cajun Dinner
- Free to get in for teachers and kids
- $25 Crawfish 5k Run registration fee
- Tickets at Abilene Education Foundation 241 Pine St.
- Call 325-677-1444 ext. 5577
- Crawfish dinner include crawfish, shrimp, corn, potatoes, drink and dessert
- Crawfish 5k participants get t-shirt and goody bag
- 5k will be at Shotwell Stadium at 8:30am