Get You Some of Dat Crawfish at the Abilene Cajun Festival
Get your Cajun on at this year’s ‘Cajun Fest’, only this time it’s an all day family event at the Taylor County Expo Center fairgrounds. To help get you in the mood, the above is an easy ‘how to peel a crawfish’ video.
This year’s event has exploded to include a 5k Run/Walk, Inflatable fun park area for kids, a ‘food-truck court’ and live entertainment all day from 11 AM till 7:30 PM.
The Abilene Education Foundation’s Annual Cajun Fest is Saturday, April 8th and all proceeds benefit the Abilene High and Cooper High School Scholarship funds. Get your tickets now and get there early.
- Taylor County Expo Fairgrounds
- 1700 Texas 36, Abilene
Date and Time
- Saturday, April 8th, 2017
- 11am – 7:30pm
- Free gate addmission to Cajun Fest
- $17 in advance for crawfish & Shrimp Plate
- $20 at the door for the Cajun Dinner
- $20 for the “All-You-Can-Ride” wristband
- $25 Crawfish 5k Run advance registration fee
- $30 Crawfish 5k Run aday of registration fee
- Tickets at Abilene Education Foundation 241 Pine St.
- Purchase Tickets online at AbileneGoesCajun.org
- Call 325-677-1444 ext. 5577
- Crawfish dinner include crawfish, shrimp, corn, potatoes, drink and dessert
- Crawfish 5k participants get t-shirt and goody bag
- 5k will be at Shotwell Stadium at 8:30am