AISD’s Standardized Dress Code for Middle School Students
With the new school year quickly approaching, it’s time to review the Abilene Independent School District’s standardized dress code for middle school students. If you’re not sure exactly what your child needs to wear for the upcoming school year, here’s everything you need to know.
- Polo style with collar red, white, black, navy blue, royal blue, gray (solid colors only)
- Sweatshirts,sweaters, hoodies (same color options as shirts)
- No logos or monograms except for AISD school logos on standardized tops.
- Button-up long sleeve shirts, sweaters, hoodies, jackets, coats and sweat-shirts are permitted provided they are all long-sleeved and solid colored.
- Hoodies, jackets and coats shall be unbuttoned/unzipped inside buildings during school hours.
- Pants, shorts, skirts should be khaki, black, or navy blue
- Must be hemmed and in good condition (no holes, rips, tears etc.)
- Leggings must be solid colors (refer to Tops) and must be accompanied by shorts or a skirt
- Pants with belt loops must be worn with a belt in either black, brown, or khaki. No ribbons, sashes, etc. may be substituted.
Spirit Day Dress
- Spirit days are once a week, usually Fridays
- Students may wear denim shorts or jeans as well as t-shirts and other tops that have an AISD school mascot or logo as well as college mascots or logos.
- No flip flops/slides or shower type shoes
All clothing must be appropriately sized/fitted . Over/under-sized clothing is not permitted
AISD has listed several retail outlets in town that carry the kind of clothes that meet the code, though you are not required to shop at these stores.