The 2nd Annual Summer Sizzle Cookoff and Dance is Set for July 18th & 19th in Baird
The Baird Chamber of Commerce (COC) is hosting the 2nd Annual "Summer Sizzle Cookoff" in historic downtown Baird in front of the old Train Depot. Christy King with the Baird COC says "I highly encourage all cook teams to get signed up because I'm afraid it's going to be huge this year, as it appears to be growing." Check out all the details.
This year the dance will feature T.C. Fambro and the Copperheads. The Callahan County Sheriffs Posse will be hosting an old fashioned "Ranch Sorting" on July 19th. Both the dance and ranch sorting will be at the Dance-Rodeo Pavilion across from the Sheriff's Posse Arena.
Baird's 2nd Annual Summer Sizzle Cookoff and Street Dance
Downtown Baird across from the Train Depot 100 Market St. Baird, Texas
Date and Times
- Friday, July 18th set-up at noon,
- Friday, July 18th cooks meeting at 6:00pm
- Friday, July 18th 6:30 ingredients inspection (no precooking, soaking or marinating)
- Saturday July 19th 12:00pm bean turn in
- Saturday July 19th 12:30pm dessert turn in
- Saturday July 19th 1:00pm chicken turn in
- Saturday July 19th 2:00pm rib turn in
- Saturday July 19th 3:00pm brisket turn in
- Saturday July 19th 12:00pm ranch sorting competition
- Saturday July 19th 9:00pm-1:00am street dance.
- $75.00 for Brisket, Ribs and Chicken
- $30.00 per meat
- $30.00 Jackpot beans and dessert (apple or peach)
- $20.00 Ranch Sorting per two person team
for More Info.
All cookers must have a 10-20 pound fire extinguisher and no pets allowed at the cookoff. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will be awarded for all meats. Baird's Market Street in the downtown area is home to many antique dealers and claims to be the "Antique Capital of the Big Country." For more information contact the Baird Chamber of Commerce at (325) 669-0363.