Annual Ben Richey Boys Ranch Chili and Brisket Cook-Off is Labor Day Weekend
It’s time for the annual chili cook-off, to benefit the Ben Richey Boys Ranch, August 30th through September 1st. The cook-off, auction and dance will take place at the Old Settlers Camp Grounds in Buffalo Gap. Friday night’s dance features the ‘Party Doc Karaoke’ while Saturday night’s dance has Zach Harmon live on stage.
The Abilene Professional Fire Fighters Association (APFFA) will once again man the ‘Worlds Largest Chili Pot’. Last year the APFFA sold out of chili before noon on Sunday and Kevin Johnson with the AFD is predicting that the giant pot will sell out even earlier this year.
32nd Annual Ben Richey Boys Ranch Chili and Brisket Cook-off
Old Settlers Grounds, Buffalo Gap Texas
Date and Time
- Friday Aug. 30th, gates open at 6pm
- Saturday Aug. 31st, gates open at 10am, dance is at 8:30pm
- Sunday Sept. 1st, gates open at 10am, event is over at 6pm
- Gate admission is $4.00 per person
- Friday night’s dance is by donation
- Saturday night’s dance is $10.00 a person or $15.00 a couple
- $10.00 cooler charge
Cook teams are encouraged to sign up early as campsite space is limited. Competitive events include, chili, brisket, chicken, beans, ribs and desserts. There will be food booths, games, air castles, jump houses, live auctions and live entertainment throughout the day.
Contact the Ben Richey Boys Ranch at (325)-675-8412, or Benrichey.org.