The CALF Honors Garth Williams and All His Fuzzy Baby Animals
The Children’s Art and Literacy Festival is June 8th through the 10th in Abilene. Abilene, which is known as “the Storybook Capital of Texas,” will transform historic downtown into a childhood land of adventure.
Garth Williams is the author and/or illustrator of books like, Stuart Little, Charlotte’s Web, his ‘fuzzy baby animals’ and the illustrator for the ‘Little House’ series of books for Laura Ingalls Wilder. The above video is a celebration of Garth Williams’ life story and work.
Registration for the 6th annual festival just opened. The Abilene Cultural Affairs Council expects at least 4,000 people to register for events like; the ‘Write & Illustrate Workshop’, ‘Digital Character Creation Workshop’ and a ‘Special Dinner at the NICCL.’
Just like past festivals, they are expected to sell out long before the deadline. So get your tickets early.
- Children’s Art and Literacy Festival
- Cultural Affairs Council at the T&P Depot
- 1101 North First Street, Abilene
Date and Times
- 6/8/2017, Thursday 4pm-8pm
- 6/9/2017, Friday 9am-8:30pm
- 6/10/2017, Saturday 9am-4pm
- $7 childs – if purchased before May 15, 2017
- $12 adults – if purchased before May 15, 2017
- $10 for ages 3 and up
- $15 for ages 13 and up
- Free for ages 2 and under
- Charge by phone at 325-677-1161
- Online tickets at AbileneCAC.org
- Schedule of events click here
- Scheduled readings Friday and Saturday only
- There will be a movie at the Paramount Theater
- May petting farm will be at Frontier Texas
- Contact Cultural Affairs Council at 325-677-1161