Dallas Cowboys Set Strict Rules for Dez Bryant
You think players have lots of rules on the field. Well, off the field. Dez will have more rules than any player in the NFL. Stemming from his latest incident where he allegedly hit his mom, Bryant is to adhere to the rules set forth by the team, or face the wrath of
The Emperor Jerry Jones.
Here Are The Rules
• A midnight curfew. If he’s going to miss curfew, team officials must know in advance;
• No drinking alcohol.
• He can’t attend any strip clubs and can only attend nightclubs if they are approved by the team and he has a security team with him.
• He must attend counseling sessions twice a week.
• A rotating three-man security team will leave one man with Bryant at all times.
• Members of the security team will drive Bryant to practices, games and team functions.
So, basically, the dude got grounded. Bummer. I can see Tony Romo or some other player knocking on his door, “Can Dez come out to play?”. Yeah, you got the visual too, right?
Jerry Jones says that Dez is cool with the new rules and that he really wants to help the team. Only time will tell if he actually follows the new rules. This is not the first time that Jerry and The ‘Boys have had to have some guidelines for troubled players. You might remember Pacman Jones, and Tank Johnson – just a few of the many Cowboys that have had to have some different off the field rules to keep them from getting into trouble.
So, do you think that Dez will abide by these rules? Do you think the Cowboys are ‘babysitting’ Dez? What are some other rules that should have made this list?