Road Construction Projects Update in Abilene for the Week of March 3-7
From repaving loop 322, to several other projects, there is quite a bit of construction going on in Abilene right now. Here’s a list of projects that Texas Department of Transportation have announced for the week of March 3-7.
- US 83 frontage roads from Canyon Rock Road to FM 707: Work to convert frontage roads to one-way operation continues. Inside lanes are closed and traffic is limited to one way on each side of the freeway. The southbound exit to Clack Street is closed as crews reconstruct the ramp.
- I-20 frontage roads from Pine Street to Loop 322: Work continues on the outside lanes between FM 600 and SH 351.
- Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street: Frontage road work continues. Inside lanes nearest the freeway are closed. The northbound entrance ramp at Industrial Boulevard is closed, and traffic will need to enter the freeway at the ramp just past Oldham Lane. Vehicles exiting at Oldham should slow down on the ramp and be aware of more traffic than usual stopped at the intersection.
- Rainy Creek Bridge, E. US 80 east of Loop 322: Crews are paving the roadway approaches. Traffic is limited to one lane in each direction.
- FM 1085 south of Trent: Base failure repair.
- FM 2404 from Jones County line to US 277: Base failure repair.
- US 84 frontage roads near Tye: Base failure repair.
- Countywide: Sign damage repair.
The Texas Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail, and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at TxDOT.gov. Fan us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.