Road Construction Projects Update in Abilene for the Week of December 15-19
From repaving loop 322, to several other projects, there is quite a bit of construction going on in Abilene right now. Here’s a list of projects that Texas Department of Transportation have announced for the week of December 15-19.
- Graham Street: Road will be closed from North 12th Street to North 14th Street for repairs.
- Sealing Roadways in North Abilene: Crews will also be sealing cracks in the roadways from Clinton Street to Grape Street as well as on Westlake Road from Anson Avenue to East Stamford Street.
- Resurfacing I-20 West of Abilene: A 13 mile stretch of I-20 from the Nolan County line to Wells Lane is being resurfaced. Project is 60% complete.
- Pine Street Access Roads: Construction of freeway ramps continues near Pine Street. Project is 97% complete.
- I-20 and Rainy Creek Bridge: Work continues to replace a bridge. Project is 88% complete.
- Canyon Rock Construction: Work continues from Canyon Rock to Iberis Road on frontage roads. Project is 64% complete.
- FM 613 Road: From FM 89 near Buffalo Gap to west of highway 83 in Tuscola, work continues to widen and rehabilitate roadway.
- Loop 322 Road Construction: Work continues on Loop 322 from Lytle Creek to Maple Street to move on and off ramps and repave and mark frontage roads.
The Texas Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail, and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at TxDOT.gov. Fan us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.