Road Construction Projects Update in Abilene for Week of April 20-24
From repaving loop 322, to several other projects, there is quite a bit of construction going on in Abilene right now. Here’s a list of projects that Texas Department of Transportation have announced for the week of April 20-24.
- Business I-20 (East Hwy 80): Pavement repairs on the westbound exit ramp from I-20 are complete. Pavement repairs to the driving lanes are ongoing, with daytime lane closures.
- Loop 322 one-way frontage road (Lytle Creek to Maple): All ramps are now open. Work will resume in May when weather conditions are more favorable for placement of the final seal coat.
- US 283 in Callahan County: Subgrade widening to add 10 ft. shoulders to the existing roadway from SH 36 to Coleman County line is in progress.
- FM 1235, Business I-20, Business 83: Pot hole repair in various areas along these roadways.
- SH 36: Traffic control while crews perform roadway testing.
- I-20 near Old Anson Road, FM 600: Sign installation.
The Texas Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail, and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at TxDOT.gov. Fan us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.